As I reflect on the last almost 9 months without Katie, I am grateful for the memories that I have for the 17 years we were able to be together to celebrate. I am grateful to those who left comments on Katie's Facebook page and to friends and family who helped us remember her in other ways. Thank you for your kind thoughts and expressions of love for her and our family. We continue to move forward, holding onto the memories of her and the knowledge that we can be together again.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Katie's Birthday
Friday, August 5th would have been Katie's 42nd birthday. We were busy doing yard work and catching up from me being gone since July 25th. We did roast hot dogs after the work was done and Alexa, Drew, Mary, and I went to get some balloons to let go at the cemetary. I would have loved to have taken pictures, but the batteries were dead on the camera. We came home and had an Oreo Ice Cream Cake to celebrate Katie's birthday. We got the Happy Birthday sign put up and also put out the table runner that Katie made last year for birthdays.
As I reflect on the last almost 9 months without Katie, I am grateful for the memories that I have for the 17 years we were able to be together to celebrate. I am grateful to those who left comments on Katie's Facebook page and to friends and family who helped us remember her in other ways. Thank you for your kind thoughts and expressions of love for her and our family. We continue to move forward, holding onto the memories of her and the knowledge that we can be together again.
As I reflect on the last almost 9 months without Katie, I am grateful for the memories that I have for the 17 years we were able to be together to celebrate. I am grateful to those who left comments on Katie's Facebook page and to friends and family who helped us remember her in other ways. Thank you for your kind thoughts and expressions of love for her and our family. We continue to move forward, holding onto the memories of her and the knowledge that we can be together again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a great way to celebrate Katie's birthday! I thought about her and about you guys that day. You continue to be in my prayers!
My heart was so full thinking about her on her birthday. I am so sure she is proud of your family and your kids. They are such beautiful children. I miss her friendship and smiling face so very much.
How fun!!! I miss her so so much! You guys are an incredible family. She is got a huge smile on her face from Heaven that day.
Love ya all, Colette
Post a Comment