Monday, September 10, 2012

19th Wedding Anniversary

Today, Katie and I have been married for 19 years.  I have reflected much over the past few days about this day.  Last night I watched a DVD of our wedding day, reception, and open house that my brother John made for us a few years ago.  I showed the kids some of the DVD tonight for our abbreviated Family Home Evening.  The kids enjoyed the styles of the time and how everyone has grown up and changed over the years.  The images bring back the sweetest of memories of that happiest day of our lives.  Many in the video are no longer with us, but the love we have for them continues on.  The images in the mirrors above the alters of the temple reflect these same family members as well as other family members that have proceeded them.  I can now see a much greater view of eternity than just the two of us looking into those mirrors 19 years ago.

I am so grateful to still be married to my eternal best friend.  I love you, Katie more than ever.

Dennis 

3 comments:

debbie said...

These are beautiful thoughts! I thought about both of you yesterday. Temple marriages and eternal families are such a merciful blessing from a loving Heavenly Father.

The Normans said...

I remember your special day! Katie was a beautiful bride! What a blessing it is to be married in the temple for eternity.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! What great insight! We too miss and love Katie! We love you guys and are glad we were able to get together over Labor Day Weekend!:)