Monday, December 14, 2009

My Anonymous Friend

I just typed this little story to a friend on Face Book and felt I should tell it here.

Saturday I was in a busy Walmart and waited in a line for check out for awhile as did the lady behind me. But I noticed that she was humming softly. When I listened carefully to her humming I noticed it was "I Stand All Amazed". A lesson on many levels. I wish I would have talked to her and told her how much her song meant to me. I guess the best I can do to repay her is tell her little story and hope to spread her simple service. What can I do today to lift some one's spirit?

2 comments:

Taralyn said...

Ya know Katie - you ALWAYS lift my spirit!!! Just watching you and learning from the example you give of a life well lived!!! Always Always lifts my spirits!!!

e.brooke said...

Amen to Humming Hymns at the grocery store!