Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crawford Cup

Last night Jeffrey played his trumpet in a fine arts program. They had 4 divisions: Vocalist, instrumental, piano and art.
We were all excited that Jeffrey took 1st place in instrumental and won $100!
I'm so proud of you Jeffrey!! Congratulations!

Sidebar: Mr. and Mrs. Crawford (on the left in this picture) started this event in 1981. Mrs. Crawford is the daughter of the Bennetts from Preston who sponsored the Bennett Cup. I played the piano one year in the Bennett cup so last night brought back a few memories. Mostly memories of me shaking like a leaf while playing my piece and being able to hear the whispers of the audience about how bad I was shaking ("Look at her foot!!" Yes, I could hear that! I have true empathy for people in that situation.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What great kiddos you have, Katie Dear! Were your nerves calmer with this time around on the piano?

debbie said...

$100!?!?!?! Wow! That's awesome! Congratulations Jeffrey!

Andi said...

Way to go Jeffery!

Katie and Dennis said...

Yes, Danna, I was a *bit* more relaxed this time, thank you!