I have tons of reminders like these all around me in my home including my home itself! (We were given enough money to finish our addition--oh what a blessing!! !!) Isn't it so like our Heavenly Father to leave reminders everywhere of His love?
Now when I look back on those hard months, I remember the total peace I felt. I remember the kindness of the people around me. Even though I could not wait for the pain and stress to pass, looking back, I can see that I was living in a memorable and even a happy season. I'm kind of surprised that my memories are so sweet.
I remember walking around my home and being happy to be able to accomplish very small tasks. I could not do much but I was grateful that I could load the dish washer and other simple things. I did everything slowly and it made me grateful for the things I could do.
I have sweet memories of being lovingly cared for by Dennis. He had to take me to Idaho Falls so often for appointments and even for a few emergencies. He was always there for me.
I remember that my prayers for peace and healing were answered. At one point I wrote a pleading prayer in my journal. I tear up when I read about those days. The peace was so incredible, even overwhelming at times.
I'm all better now and happy to be. But it is amazing to remember the love and kindnesses that were done for me--many, many things. That is mostly what I remember about those difficult months. I want to tell all my family and friends thank you so much for loving me and for the wonderful memories you have given me that will last my whole life! I love you!
3 comments:
Beautiful post! And remember...we still think about and pray for you everyday!
I think our hard times are sometimes our best times because we reach deep to survive and our gratitude for what we have is so heightened. We should live that way always, but at least for me, it's easy to slip out of that mode.
I'm thankful too that things are much better now. Much love!
Sweet Sweet Katie,
What an inspiration you are to all. We love you and pray for you!!!
Post a Comment