Monday, July 5, 2010

A Miracle

A week ago, on a Monday, I got my new chemo (two oral drugs--Xelota and Tykerb) from the pharmacy that does specialty medicine for our insurance company. Even as I read the side effects of Xelota I felt awful. I was so worried about it. That night I checked the tumor that had developed over the past couple of months. I had not looked at it since the previous week when Dr. Dickson had seen it. To my great surprise the tumor had shrunken considerably. I showed Dennis. He was also amazed! I had not had any chemo for 3 weeks. What should I do? What did this mean? I was cautiously optimistic.

The following morning I put in a call to the doctor. Dr. Dickson called me back and was very excited. He said sometimes this kind of thing happens and could very well be the miracle we are hoping for. He told me to just take the Tykerb and we will have another scan in September to see how things are. The Tykerb only has a couple of minor side effects. I am thrilled. I feel like all of the prayers that have been said for me are being answered.

I feel so blessed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Katie! How merciful and amazing! I am so grateful.

Travis Family said...

Katie, I'm so happy to hear about your wonderful news. You have been in my thought and prayers and I will continue to keep you there.

debbie said...

Hallelujah!!!! Such wonderful news!!!!

Darcee said...

Amazing. So thankful for you.