Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day.  Katie always had a special meal planned for us on this day unless it was on the weekend.  We would usually go out to eat somewhere if it was.  I did not feel like making a special dinner this year so we planned on going to Rupes (an old A&W) in Blackfoot to eat, but everybody else thought the same.  Rather that wait for a while, we decided to go somewhere else.  The kids could not decide on another place, so Drew and Mary won out.  It was to McDonalds.  Thanks for the great pictures kids (not).

Jeffrey and Brandon sat by an old friend of Jeffreys. 

Several weeks ago we got a heart wreath to replace the Christmas wreath we had at Katie's grave.  The flowers from the funeral are still there.

We also added some roses on Sunday.

I plan to have flowers for each season according to what the cemetary will allow.  I will also get the headstone ordered in the next few days.  I also have kept with tradition and got a minature rose for Katie that we will plant in the flower bed this spring.  That was always one of the gifts that I gave her every Valentine's Day. This was a gift that would give throughout the summer.  Sometimes the roses would come back for the next year, but if not then she would always have one that would bloom that summer.

We hope that you all had a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Dennis, you are doing such a good job! Thanks for keeping tradition alive for your family. We love you all!

debbie said...

I love the miniature rose idea! What a great tradition. Also, the roses and heart wreath are beautiful too. Thanks for posting and keeping us updated!

Unknown said...

Very sweet sentiments. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

I love the idea of the mini roses!! That is great that you are keeping the tradition going!!