When the snow started to melt and the ground was still frozen, we had a shallow lake behind our house that came into the garden. In 13 years, we have never had it come in like that.
The band concert was on March 16th. We were able to have Grandma and Grandpa Porter come and also Grandpa Hansen and Uncle John. He is the family waiting for the concert to begin.
The junior high and high school bands combined for one number. The have improved a lot over the year. I only got to hear a couple of songs from the high school band because Mary and Drew needed to go to the bathroom. I had to go clear over through the gym to use the locker room bathrooms because they are changing the commons area and they took out the bathrooms near the auditorium. I missed Jeffrey's solo. I guess next time I will have to remember have them take care of this before we leave home.
I was lucky enough to get Jeffrey and Brandon next to each other on the combined number.
Alexa built a Leprechaun trap. I thought it was cute. She is a crafty girl and likes to make things.
3 comments:
I love the leprechaun trap! So cute! And the band concert would be awesome to attend. Good thing the lake in the garden stayed just in the garden.
Hang in there! January and February are my LEAST favorite months of the year because they're so cold, dreary and depressing. March holds promise as it starts to warm up and show signs of spring. And I always looked forward to spring break and the end of the year when I taught school. Sometimes you just need some sunshine and a good break to lift your spirits and keep you going. You all continue to be in my prayers.
It was so good to read an update. I love Alexa's leprechaun trip. How creative is that! I am so sorry you missed Jeffrey's solo. I wish I could have been there to take Drew and Mary out. We love and miss you all and so wish we were closer...
Jeffery's Solo
He was the hit of the show. He did an outstanding job and got an ovation when he sat down.
A proud grumpa Keith
Post a Comment