Monday, June 27, 2011

Relay For Life

The Bingham County Relay For Life was during the Porter reunion so we were not able to attend.  Brandon's Baseball game was also during this time. I know that we still could have been involved this year, but I just did not have the strength within me to be part of the relay this year.  I am sure that next year I will feel like being more involved.  Thanks to some wonderful neighbors and friends, Katie was remembered this year.

These are some luminaries that were made by Tami Hickman for Katie.  Tami also took these pictures for me that evening.

This is the Memorial Garden they had this year for those who had died from cancer since the last Relay for Life a year ago.

Katie's great friends, Joddi Murdock and Leslie Garrett made this display in remembrance of Katie. This was in the Memorial Garden.



This is last year's survivor picture with Alyssa Garrett to the right of Katie.  Alyssa is the daughter of Leslie amd Greg Garrett.  She is a 3 year survivor of lymphoma.

Thank you to Joddi, Leslie, and Tami and anyone else who was involved with helping remember Katie this year.  You are the best.

No comments: