Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Past Two Months of Activites with Kids

Life is we what are presented day by day.  It is hard to believe in some ways that it has been two months since school has started.  I decided I had better post a few pictures of what has gone during this time.   I will start with the first day of school pictures that Katie always liked to get.  I did not get one of Mary before going to preschool.






Another thing that has taken up most of Jeffrey and Brandon's time is marching band, drumline, and now Jazz Band.  They started back the first week of June with a week of camp at the high school.  In July they had a week camp at ISU and then another week right before school started again at the high school.  They performed in the Eastern Idaho State Fair Parade.  We had Grandpa Porter and Jonny, Aunt Karen and Mandy and Mike, and David and Julianna and family there to what the parade.  Here are some pictures from that time.






Jeffrey and Brandon practiced everyday at 6:45 in the morning until harvest break.  The marching band was also the pep band during the football games.  They loved being involved with Mr. Brady and the other students.  They have learned discipline and leadership skills taught during the ISU camp.  I never had to get them up for practice.  Here are some pictures of their performance during homecoming.







They performed for drumline during the last home game of the season.  They have a drumline class during school and so we don't have any early morning practice for that.  Here are a couple of pictures from their performance.




One thing Katie and I talked about doing was taking the kids to a BYU football game.  I got tickets for homecoming against San Jose State.  We got there pretty early before the game.  It was a late night game, not starting until 8:15 because of the time ESPN broadcast the game.  It was also a little cold, but the kids all did great and enjoyed being in the crowd.  Mary stayed with her cousins while we went to the game. 



There were more things that the kids have been involved in such as Jeffrey and cross country, but I do not have pictures.  Hopefully it does not take me two more months to report on their activities.

3 comments:

The Normans said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! :)

debbie said...

Wow! Don't know how you keep up with it all! Yay for band and teaching discipline and leadership skills! Such a great opportunity! I can't believe how big the kids are for their first day of school pictures. I guess that's what kids do best. How fun to go to the BYU game. We haven't been for 2-3 years. I think it would only be a circus for us trying to keep track of 3 little ones!

Melissa said...

Wow!! I don't know how you can keep up with all of the fun activites your kids are involved in!! I can only imagine how you are constantly running!! It's great that your kids can be so talented and involved in so much!! You are such a great dad!!