We made it through Halloween. I ending up getting a costume for Mary and some Harry Potter glasses for Drew. Alexa made her own and Camille decided she was through with costumes.
Because we had already done treat or treating at the ward party on Friday before Halloween, we carved pumpkins for Family Home Evening. We used the patterns that we bought a couple of years ago and they turned out well.
Camille started singing in a group called "Nuttin but Treble" the first part of October. She sings with a couple of her friends, and their mothers come and get her for practice. They sang with the Chamber Singers before Halloween. They are singing for Scrooge in December.
Camille turned twelve last Sunday. She is excited to be in Young Womens. We had Aunt Karen and Uncle Kirk come and celebrate with her. She made here own cake and decorated it too.
We went to Porters for Thanksgiving this year. We stayed at Grandma Binghams for two nights and also had Thanksgiving dinner at her house. On Friday we went to Grandma and Grandpa Porters. Part of the day included making graham cracker houses. The adults built most of the houses and then the kids decorated. The older teenagers got more creative with their home building. Alexa also put together some guessing jars for the party. It took a while to count out all of the Nerds for the one jar.
We came home late Friday night after watching the Parade of Lights in Preston. We decided to decorate the aspen trees out in front of the house. Jeffrey helped me move all of the colored bulbs to their own area of the light string. It took a long time to do that on several different strings. It will take a couple of days for our finger tips to recover. It was a beautiful day to put up the lights otherwise we may have chickened out. We will do it a little different next year.
We are grateful for doing things together as a family. I hope we are making happy memories.
5 comments:
I never said I was through with costumes. I just didn't know what to be this year.
oops I posted it through your name.
-Camille
I love all of the costumes and the pumpkins. (I need to come up with some better pumpkin ideas in the future besides the same old boring faces I usually do.)
Camille's singing group sounds very cool. Yay for turning 12 and going into Young Women!
I can't even imagine counting out all those Nerds! Sheesh!
And I LOVE your lights all grouped together by color.
I love your tree! I saw it from the highway last night and it made me smile!
It was so wonderful to see you over Thanksgiving, Dennis. You are an amazing person. Your children are doing so well. We love you all so very much. Thanks for keeping up on the blog and being such a rock. You are a strong example to me.
Post a Comment