Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Christ the Lord is ris'n today,
Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say,
Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high,
Alleluia!
Sing, ye heav'ns, and earth reply,
Alleluia!

We sang this wonderful song today in sacrament meeting and I just felt it! I was so overcome with joy! How I need reminding what Jesus has done.

We had a 'Hymn' meeting where people got up and shared favorite hymns of the Saviour. I didn't get a chance to get up but I was thinking of doing, "Master the Tempest is raging".

Master, the tempest is raging!
The billows are tossing high!
The sky is o'er-shadowed with blackness.
No shelter or help is nigh.
Carest thou not that we perish?
How canst thou lie asleep
When each moment so madly it threat'ning
A grave in the angry deep?

The winds and the waves will obey thy will:
Peace be still.
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
Or demons or men or whatever it be,
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, peace be still.

Sometimes the storm rages around us and oh how we need peace!!! Sometimes we are afflicted with the noxious weed of resentment and the noxious weed of anger. What storms they can be inside of us. Sometimes there is too much to do. Sometimes we are hurt by the carelessness of others. Some of us are overcome with grief or disappointment. Sometimes we are overwhelmed with our own weaknesses! Jesus will help us if we turn to him. He will calm the storm. I have experienced it so many times. If we will only open up the door.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Thank you for sharing your feelings. We are so blessed to have the knowledge we have to help us over the rough spots - if we will just ask, listen, and do. Easter time and resurrection give us such great hope. We are truly blessed!
Your pictures are wonderful. The dresses turned out so cute. You have a lovely family and I love you all.

Anonymous said...

Your faith is inspiring and uplifting. Thank you.

Unknown said...

A beautiful write-up, Katie. The reminder was powerful to me.