Monday, April 13, 2009
Easter Party
We had a very fun day on Saturday at my mom and dad's. Tom and Darcee and family, Dave and Julianna and family, Joe and Kelsie and Binks were there. Dennis, Jeffrey and Brandon came later on in the day because of their involvement with a merit badge pow wow that morning.

These eggs were made with 100% silk ties purchased at a thrift store. You cut a tie so you have enough fabric to wrap one boiled egg. Secure it around the egg with a twist tie. Then cover that in a square of muslin with a twist tie. Boil them in a pan with water and vinegar.

We had a weinie roast in the beautiful weather (which was temporary but was so nice while it lasted!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't tell you how blessed you are to belong to such a cool family! I love the Porter family so much!
I hope you are feeling well. You have been in my thoughts a lot lately! I think you are wonderful!
Yep, it was fun! Just a few notes on the tie-dyed eggs. . . they don't need to be boiled first, they can be, but don't have to be. And make sure that you put the right side of the fabric next to the egg.
Man. . .Greta sure is looking chubby!
Thanks for the pictures!
What a fun day! I love the tie eggs. Those are awesome!
What a fun and creative family!
Amazing eggs! Thank you for letting Jeffery come out and help us on Saturday! He was a huge help! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Hope the week goes well for you. Let us know if there is anything we can help out with.
You have such a FUN family!! Hope you are feeling okay.
April & Ken
Post a Comment