Saturday, June 19, 2010

Relay

Friday night was
Relay for Life Here I am by my friend Alyssa. She lives down the road from me.
The survivors
I feel quite honored to wear a purple shirt at Relay for Life. I am humbled to be apart of such a group. Those who have survived 5 years or less walked north on the track. The longer survivors walked south. When we met on the other side, my group turned around and walked back the way we had come. Then our families joined us for another lap.
My friend Connie and I.

Alyssa's grandpa bid on and won this quilt that had her name and hand print on it. They auctioned about 5 quilts. One of them went for $1600!!
Jeffrey and Brandon stayed the whole night and walked.
Speaking of cancer, I still need prayers. I meet with my doctor on Monday to discuss my latest scan. I think there will be some changes to my treatment plan. Hopefully it will not be too big of a deal.

No comments: