Well, I did not expect great news. I knew the cancer was back because I found a new spot on my sternum. I expected that I would be changing chemo. I even thought I would possibly be loosing my hair. I was not expecting that the scan would find several more spots of cancer on my right side (my cancer up until now has all been on the left side.) The spots are very small. Still.... It's a bit scary.
We know now that the cancer has mutated and has become resistant to Gemzar and Herceptin. I will be starting on two oral chemo drugs after my insurance company approves them. They will have side effects like any chemo. But they will not cause hair loss!! Hooray for hair!! !!
So I did not have to get chemo yesterday! Dennis and I went to Home Depot. I said, "I'd rather go to Home Depot than get chemo any day!" (We bought counter tops for our new bathroom and laundry room!)
I am so happy to have lots of work to do today. I love hanging out laundry and the weather is finally nice enough to do it.
I read this scripture this morning from Alma 58:11. "Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him." I want you to know that I feel a lot of peace. I am grateful to know that God is in control of my life.
Pictures coming soon of our new rooms!
3 comments:
Oral chemo will be a blessing and so will keeping your hair! We pray that this will be the plan for a long, long time!
Yay for new counter tops!
Love you, Katie. I'll be praying for you.
Lark
YAY for hair. Hopefully this will work for you. I loved hanging sheets outside for so long but my husband and son are allergic to outside so I can't but I really love that smell. Congratulations on new rooms. How exciting for you and your family. Keep happy.
Adrian
Post a Comment