Monday, April 28, 2008

Busy

Well, last week was crazy and this week looks like a match to it! Here is what we've been up to:
Monday--Jeffrey had an orthodontist appointment. After that I mailed 52 aprons to Wokits that I'd sewn the week previous. I went visiting teaching but we only caught one person on our list of four. Got a call from the school that Camille had been pushed down and had a big scrape on the side of her face (She had sort of been asking for it though. She can be a merciless tease and this boy had been pushed to his limit! However when I took her picture she was excited to finally have her picture on the blog. Silly girl!) Camille had a friend over. I took Brandon to baseball practice and waited for him for 2 hours (I enjoy the quiet reading time!) We were able to squeeze in a little family time.

Tuesday--Dennis took me for my treatment. I asked the nurse to speed up the I.V. so we could hurry. She was nice and hurried it a little. We made several stops and got back in time for Dennis to go to his track practice. Jeffrey did some service at the library for a merit badge. Brandon had scouts. I gave Dennis and the boys hair cuts.
Wednesday--I did laundry, took the kids to a friend and went to town. I picked up my elderly friend, Myrtle and we went to lunch at the Sr. Center. Then I made 3 stops, one of which was to the health department to see about a permit so we can get started on our addition on our house--I came away discouraged. They said we will need a bigger septic tank. After school I ran Brandon to his game in town. Camille tended Drew. I couldn't stay to the game because I had to pick Jeffrey back out here at our community library. Dennis went to his game after his track practice. I worked on a project.

Thursday--I made a dessert for Friday. I competed my project of a new wall grouping for my living room. I cleaned for company. We were planning to go to Preston for a track meet but it snowed so they cancelled it. We took the kids to the museum only to find it closed. So we went to the temple visitor center and watched the Joseph Smith movie. (Jeffrey needed to scope out a facility for a merit badge.) We really enjoyed the movie.
Friday--I had book club at my house. After that was over I worked on another project. It was a nice relaxing, stay-at-home day! That night Dennis gave the boys lots of help on their merit badges that they have been working on.










Saturday--The boys had merit badge pow wow and each earned 3 badges. We cleaned, did laundry and mowed the lawn. We went through our carrots from our garden last year and threw away the bad ones and trimmed the growth off the good ones. Dennis and Jeffrey went to a stake leadership meeting and then Dennis and I went to the evening session of our stake conference. (While I was getting ready for the meeting, Mary spilled a whole bottle of aftershave!) Afterward Dennis discovered that we have had a leaky pipe for some time under the house. Fortunately nothing important was ruined and now he just needs to find a time to fix it when a parts store is open (he says in case a pipe breaks and he has to turn off the main.)
Sunday--We enjoyed a very nice day. We had a stake conference broadcast from Salt Lake. It was so good. We had home evening because tonight Dennis has a track meet and Brandon has a game. Dennis also completed his home teaching.
I guess being busy keeps me out of trouble. And I'm grateful to feel good and have the health to do everything that needs to be done!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds very busy! I love the layout you did on your walls. Did you make the H? Camille's ouchie looks painful! Thanks for the update!

Katie and Dennis said...

The H was $.50 from a craft store. I painted it black. The wall project is on-going. Eventually I will have all the frames painted the same color. I was just in a hurry to them up for book club. I will probably add to the big grouping as I find cool frames at the thrift store.

Darcee said...

Whew! Exhausting! Glad that week is over, maybe you can squeeze in a bubble bath sometime this week?

Congrats to Camille (and Drew) for doing something blog-worthy :D.

Anonymous said...

Cute Katie! You are always so crafty. Someday maybe I learn from all of you.

Julianna