Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Walls

This is the front. (Please notice the *OSHA approved* steps! wobble, wobble.) The big window isn't cut out all the way. It will be bigger than it looks. The small window will be Jeffrey's and Brandon's.Here is the back/side view. The back window is Camille's and Alexa's room. There are two windows that are not cut out yet--the bathroom and mud room windows.

Saturday Dennis rented a concrete saw and cut the old access walls that leads to under the house. (It is now in the mud room and will have a floor door over it.) It was a horrible job. Fortunately our neighbor helped him swing the sledge for a little while. Dennis finished the project about 11:00 that night and woke up with a migraine next morning.

You can see what is left of the wall on the right and some of the rubble in the back ground. Monday night we carried all that up and put it in our little trailer to haul to the dump. Here is a before picture of what Dennis had to cut off--all of the part that is sticking out from the old foundation.



Our trusses were delivered yesterday. I'm not sure when they will get them put up.

4 comments:

debbie said...

Yay for progress (and A LOT of work). It looks great!

Kaye said...

oh how exciting!!!! I love to watch things being built, although it sometimes seems to take too long to complete. Thanks for keeping us posted, I'm excited for you.

k

Anonymous said...

I cant wait till I can sleep in my
new room
Love,Camille

e.brooke said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see more pictures! I love the OSHA "improved" steps...they look familiar for some reason...