
Fifteen years ago today Dennis and I were married. I clearly remember the feeling I had as we walked into the temple sealing room hand in hand. Our parents and other family members were seated around the room. I received a gift from heaven, a warm, confirming feeling that we were doing the right thing. I have always loved that my grandpa Bingham sealed us. It was a wonderful day. In fact my patriarchal blessing says "that day when you become eternal companions will be the most important day of your lives."
I am full of gratitude on this day. Neither of us is perfect. We have a long way to go. But we are headed in the right direction. And that feels really good.
A lady in my ward who has been married more than 50 years said we are just getting broken in. So that must mean the next 15 years will be even better. I'm certainly looking forward to that!
5 comments:
Congratulations and may you have many more years together!
Beautiful post.
Congrats! Your pictures are so cute! The temple one is amazing for proping it up on a cooler! I love your wedding dress! So cute!
Katie,
I finally checked out Darcee's blog and found yours as well(i hope you don't mind) It is so great to be connected again. You both have beautiful families and I am so excited about the blogging thing. Congrats on your aniversary. Isn't the temple such a blessing! Now I need to see if I can get Nikie blogging so she can share pics of that adorable baby!
melodee
I love this post! Congratulations! You are both inspiring!
Post a Comment