Friday, September 19, 2008

The Floor

I couldn't wait to post these pictures! We hired a man in our ward and his crew to frame our addition. They got the whole floor done in one day! The walls will go up on Monday.

And this was my project yesterday. I also did some freezer jam. It was a fun productive day!

peaches, regular beets and pickled beets

6 comments:

Kendi said...

Wow! How do you do it all? I can barely keep up with keeping the house clean! I have bottled fruit a couple of times and I loved to just stand and look at the pretty bottles that represented a full day of hard work! It feels so good to see the "fruits" of our labors!!!!

I am so happy for you on the progress of your home! We are still trying to finish our basement too and it is not going as fast but hopefully it will be done before our kids move out of the home!
Love,
Kendi

Darcee said...

Wow. You know I don't can. It just seems like too much work for me when I can buy them for a lot less effort. But good for those people who still do.

Congrats on the comings-along on the house. How exciting!

Nancy said...

It is exciting to see the progress being made on your addition. It has been a long time since I have canned, but I loved to look at the fruits of my labors, sort of like I love to look at newly cleaned rooms!

Garling Ranch said...

Wow! That was fast! The freezer jams sound so good right now! Progress is always a wonderful thinkg to see, and you are definently seeing it!

Andi said...

How exciting that the house addition is moving forward! It must feel so good!

Anonymous said...

sounds like lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!