I did have surgery but they were not able to do a skin graft because they had to take out so much of the muscle. I have an open wound and the dressing has to be changed Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. They are waiting to be able to do the skin graft. The plastic surgeon, Dr. Bruggeman called on Saturday (he was supposed to be coming to my dressing changes to observe what was happening... but he forgot about me... so the wound care specialist called him and told him this...) and said that my chest wall would not be ready for a graft for 2 more months. Now he is out of town for the week. Hopefully Monday when he gets back we will be able to learn what our options are.
But we are hanging in here. I am trusting that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing with me. And indeed I have learned so much! I know that He loves me!
Oh, I have to tell the good news! I nearly forgot! My PET scan that I had in April was so encouraging! The cancer that was around my sternum is nearly resolved. So Dr. Dickson, my oncologist said that he will put me on Herceptin (a "light-weight" chemo) Then I will have another scan and if it is just as good then I will only have to have that from here on out! He also said that this is the miracle we have been praying for. Behold... a light at the end of the tunnel!
8 comments:
That is awesome about your PET scan. I admire you and your stregnth. I wonder how things are every time I drive past.
Yay for good news! And yay for getting the pain medication right. Thanks for posting how you're doing. I often think about you throughout the day. You stay in our prayers daily. =0)
Glad you have been able to keep on top of the pain, that makes the whole ordeal a bit more bearable. Hang in there, things will work out!
Katie, you are smiling! What can I say, other than you amaze me! I want to copy this picture and post it in my bedroom so that each time I go in there to cry I will see you and remember that if you can do what you are doing with a smile then I can do what I am doing with a smile too! Thank you for posting! I have been checking frequently wondering how you are doing! You are still in my prayers, I love you!
Awesome good news! And thank heavens for pain medicine! We are so grateful that you are finding some comfort through this amazing trial! We love and pray for you!
Thanks for the update, and we are so happy to hear the good news. We pray that it will only continue to get better. Love to all-
Hey my darling neice. What a courageous wonderful woman you are! You are such a great example and I am so grateful for of the blessings you recieve. We are all blessed by you! Thank you for all you do!
I am so grateful for answered prayers. Bless you dear Katie and all your family. I well remember waiting for the results and then...celebrating our good news that always verified what we already knew...He really did hear and answer our continual prayers. Much love!
Luana
Post a Comment