Sunday, January 3, 2010

Farewell to a Great Lady

Dennis' dear mother, Lula Hansen passed away late on December 25, 2009. She took a fall down the steps in her home on December 19 and was taken to University of Utah Hospital. During the week before she died she was surrounded by her family. All of her children and her husband had sung Christmas songs to her and kissed her just an hour before she passed away peacefully in her sleep. She will be greatly missed.Her grandchildren and great-grandchildren sang at her funeral. (This was the practice.)



We are deeply saddened by her passing. But thank heaven for a knowledge that we will see her again.
I heard Lula say this many times: "I am not on this earth for riches, all I want you to do is to return home to our Heavenly Father, we don’t need to have the worldly things." Her main focus was on her family. All she ever wanted in life was a good family and the choices she made everyday proved it. I think she was one of the most disiplined people I have ever known. I feel so humble and grateful to be apart of her family and to know her like I did.

2 comments:

debbie said...

Such a beautiful tribute! I will miss Grandma, but I know she's happy now. I can't wait to see her again!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your lose. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Your Christmas and New Years looked like a blast. Uncle Keith will have to write a book on his "tricks," that is great!!!
-Amanda B.