While searching I found the following that I had jotted down around September or October 2001, the year Alexa was born. It seems even an overwhelmed mother can be blessed with a little insight.
Lessons I'm Learning From my Baby
Thoughts about a parent/child relationship especially as they relate to Heavenly Parents and my ability to grow and become.
1. She's happy.
2. She trusts me. She knows I will take care of her needs.
3. She loves me. I love her too, more than she knows.
4. She has potential she can't understand yet.
(While she has feet and hands we never scold babies such as, "You have feet and hands, use them!" This makes me think that I too have potential that is unknown to me and Heavenly Father is loving in his guidance to His children.)
5. She's patient. She is happy with what she can do right now. But also she is continually trying out and discovering new things--learning and growing everyday.
6. She has confidence in herself.
7. She doesn't care what people think. She is just herself and we all love her because she is who she is.
8. She gives back all she can and it is enough! Is there anything sweeter or more rewarding than a smile from a baby?!
8. She needs me--even every hour.
2 comments:
Oh, Katie! That's beautiful! I got teary. I loved it. And I love that little (big) Alexa of yours!
Thank you for sharing this! I especially liked your insight into hands and feet and relating it to our unseen potential. You are an elect and wonderful mother and I love you!
Post a Comment