Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday

We had such a fun day yesterday! We went down to Uncle Paul and Aunt Linda's mission report. (We are glad we finally found the right church--we thought they still went to the Weston church, where they have been for a million years! After someone gave us a program and we did not see their names there it explained why we were the only ones besides the ward choir in the chapel at 10:45! We asked a nice lady and she told us they go to the Linrose ward that meets in Dayton.) Uncle Paul and Aunt Linda gave a very nice report of their mission in Salt Lake and then we went to their house for dinner. It was fun to see my cousins who I have not seen in a hundred years. In addition to lots of fun visiting, I received a much needed boost in a couple of ways.

First, I was bolstered up to find out how mindful my extended family is of me. I should not be surprised because they are wonderful in every way. But I just did not know how much! In particular my cousin, Tami was so sweet. She had told her kids that we would be there and they were excited to meet the lady they pray for everyday. I was so touched that tears sprung to my eyes when she told me. And then the cutest thing, her son who is 6 asked her if they would get cancer if they met me. =) (Thank goodness it is not contagious!) All of my uncle's family was so very sweet and it was wonderful to catch up briefly on how everyone is doing these days.

Second, I was considering taking a break from blogging for awhile. I had nearly let my insecurities get the better of me. It is not easy for me to put things on display this way! I weigh everything I put on here--and I mean I really weigh it and go over and over and over it all. (Is what I have said dumb? Is is weird? Would this offend anyone? What would so and so think? Did I punctuate correctly? and on and on.) Wears me out sometimes. But several of my cousins told me how much they love to read my blog. So I decided I can keep going. Thanks so much guys because even though it is hard, I do enjoy blogging.

After dinner we went to my parents' house. Mary must not have known where we were headed because when we got right in front of their house she said, "Wait a minute....[fast incomprehensible jabber]...Grandma's house!!"
Grandpa and Jeffrey reading the funnies.
Grandma and Drew

Dennis got a few minutes' snooze before the trip home.

5 comments:

debbie said...

I'm glad you decided to keep blogging. I love reading your blog too!

Mark and Adrian said...

I love your blog too :)

Adrian

Kaye said...

I am so grateful that you blog. I am glad that I'm able to know how you are doing. I love your updates, and seeing your kids. Just wish I was closer so I could actually give ya'll hugs.

Thanks for sharing things that might be hard to share. Your strength admist hardship truly inspires me to do better.

Love ya,
Aunt k

Darcee said...

Yes, keep blogging! You're doing much good by doing it.

David and Company said...

Keep blogging Katie. You have no idea how much of an inspiration you are to others. On days that I need a lift, I open up your blog and read your insightful messages and they help me to continue to move forward. You are an angel and such an inspiration to us all. I hold dear to my heart the messages you share with us all.