Monday, November 29, 2010
Katie's viewing and funeral
If Katie wanted to pick a day to have a viewing and funeral it would not have been last Tuesday and Wednesday. We had a major winter storm come through Monday and Tuesday with blowing and drifting snow. Wednesday followed with a high of about 5 degrees. It was a beautiful, sunny day despite the cold. I know many wanted to come to the viewing and funeral, but were not able to because of the weather. Please know that we missed you and that if you could have been here you would have. I will not take the time now to tell you about the funeral, but here are a few pictures. Thank you to John, Christy, and Mandy and any others who took these pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
For those of us who were not able to make it because of the weather, Thankyou so much for posting your pictures. That really means a lot to us. Your family are still in our prayers. Love- Wendy Taylor
I took a moment of silence for Katie during her funeral. I had a good cry as I thought of sweet, determined and strong Katie and your family--many times I've cried, but especially during Katie's funeral. I couldn't make it, thank-you for posting pictures. I will continue to pray for you.
Thank you so much for this post, Dennis. I love you!
I am so grateful for these pictures, and for your understanding of those who were not able to be at Katie's services. My heart was in Blackfoot that day, even though the roads were too icy for me to travel there. Your family continues to be in my prayers.
I wish we could have been there, but you were definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for posting the pictures.
You have an amazing family! You are in our thoughts and prayers.
I wish I could have been there. Thank you for posting pictures so that I could have my chance to say goodbye as well.
Nicky Moser (Whitney neighbor)
I was vicariously introduced to Katie through a fund raiser given by Darcee ( I am friends with Darcee's sister in law). I have followed her blog for awhile now and have been amazed of her courage and strength she showed to herself, and her family.. She had tremendous faith in her Heavenly Father and I grew from her testimony...
I was saddened to read that her journey had come to a mortal end. What an amazing wife and mother Katie was.. May she watch over you and continue to bless you all. Until you meet again!!!
Thank you Katie!! I hope to meet you someday!
Deena
Post a Comment