Friday, December 10, 2010

Snake River Community Orchestra and Christmas Trees

Jeffrey and Brandon had their Christmas concert for the Snake River Community Orchestra this past Wednesday evening.  All involved did a great job.  They also performed at the community Christmas concert in Blackfoot on Friday night.




We also put up our main Christmas tree last Wednesday, December 1st after Camille and Alexa informed me that we were the only people out of their friends who did not have their tree up.  So we did just get the tree up on Wednesday but nothing else.  Over the next few days we did decorate the rest of the house.


Last night we went and picked out a real tree to decorate with those ornaments that were made for or by the kids.  We started that tradition last year and the kids wanted to still do it this year.  Hopefully the tree won't be too dried out by the time we take it down.






8 comments:

Angela said...

I think decorating the Christmas tree is one of my favorite! We were a "little" late too, but it feels good to have our tree up!

Darcee said...

Good for you!

Happy birthday to Mary tomorrow!

Joddi said...

Jeffrey & Brandon looked very handsome on Wednesday! We were behind you getting our tree up and we heard the same thing, "everyone else has their tree up!"

Unknown said...

The house looks very festive. I'm a little teary to see the stockings up without Katie's. Prayers and hugs this Christmas season. Much love being sent that way.

Andi said...

Thank you for keeping up the blog!

debbie said...

Yay for concerts! I'm so glad the boys get to be involved in music!

Two trees is a great idea with so many ornaments to be displayed. It takes me FOREVER to get anything done with 3 little kids and the tree was no exception. We bought the tree last Saturday and put it in the stand in the front room. I put the lights on on Sunday but didn't get any ornaments on until Tuesday. So, you still beat us!

Katie and Dennis said...

I do have Katie's stocking right behind mine. We have not used the stocking hangers for a few years so I only had seven. We will put up Katie's stocking Christmas eve.

The Normans said...

Derrick thought I was crazy for getting ours up so early! (Before Thanksgiving) haha So I guess we all need to meet in the middle. Looks beautiful!