Last night I was returning home late from the church after doing some clerk work and I decided to go the cemetary to see if Katie's flowers were still standing after our strong winds this past week. I drove down the lane and noticed that they had put our headstone in place sometime this week. I felt it was fitting that it should be in place for Easter. On our way to visit with the Porters today, I stopped to show the kids. It was a beautiful morning with a feeling of spring and rebirth much different than 5 months ago when Katie passed away. Oh, how I miss her. I pray I may live worthy to one day be with Katie again.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Easter
Today we celebrate Easter and the knowledge that because of the Savior we shall live again. This knowledge brings our thoughts closer to those we long to see and be with again, and for our family that means Katie, my Mom, and other family members who have passed away.
Last night I was returning home late from the church after doing some clerk work and I decided to go the cemetary to see if Katie's flowers were still standing after our strong winds this past week. I drove down the lane and noticed that they had put our headstone in place sometime this week. I felt it was fitting that it should be in place for Easter. On our way to visit with the Porters today, I stopped to show the kids. It was a beautiful morning with a feeling of spring and rebirth much different than 5 months ago when Katie passed away. Oh, how I miss her. I pray I may live worthy to one day be with Katie again.
Last night I was returning home late from the church after doing some clerk work and I decided to go the cemetary to see if Katie's flowers were still standing after our strong winds this past week. I drove down the lane and noticed that they had put our headstone in place sometime this week. I felt it was fitting that it should be in place for Easter. On our way to visit with the Porters today, I stopped to show the kids. It was a beautiful morning with a feeling of spring and rebirth much different than 5 months ago when Katie passed away. Oh, how I miss her. I pray I may live worthy to one day be with Katie again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE the headstone. I'm glad that it was placed there right in time for Easter.
I love it when Easter mornings are beautiful and bright--there is such peach, comfort and hope in days like that.
I'm so grateful for a day to remember the Savior's resurrection. It is a time to reflect on how AMAZING the Savior is and how much He loves us.
I thought of Grandma, Katie and of you guys yesterday. I'm glad we'll all be reunited again. You all still remain in my prayers! We love you!
I love the design on the headstone. It is perfect! It looks like the flowers survived the wind and are a beautiful reminder of the resurrection and spring we hope to soon have.
Thank you so much for spending your Saturday driving back and forth to be at the temple/reception with us. What a sacrifice for you!
It was wonderful to be in the temple as a family and know Katie and Mom were there in spirit. Thank you for your strong testimony and example. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. We LOVE you!!!
I had such a sad moment seeing this. But I'm thankful for Easter, too, and the reminder that this earth life is just temporary. I miss Katie too, but I'm sure it is nothing compared to your longing. The headstone looks nice.
What a beautiful headstone! I love the musical staff and autumn leaves, the temple, and the names of your sweet children on the back.
Post a Comment