
On Thursday we got our siding started! Dennis asked the guy who framed it how much he would charge for siding. His bid came in over $1000 less than the lowest of our other bids. We jumped on it! We also got our windows put in.

By the end of the day Friday they had the front and side all done.

They got a good start on the back.

Here is the inside--the new living room door and window. (You can see our vehicles through the window. They usually park in a different spot but the siding guys have their trailer in the way so we had to park right in front.)


Tomorrow... I don't think I'm really excited for this part... they will take out this window and door and move them to their new location. We will have to be boarded up until we are ready to open things up. (Eventually this whole wall will come out and there will be a step down into the old.) It will make my kitchen dark and gloomy, I'm afraid. But Dennis is going to rig up something that hinges and opens so that we can get in and out of the old into the new. That will be nice. And it will also be nice to be able to go out the new back door. It has had house wrap over it for 2 weeks and has been unusable.


Yesterday afternoon, Dennis, Jeffrey and Brandon built these new temporary steps. They are much nicer than the cinder blocks. I'm sure OSHA would smile a *little* more favorably on these steps.

I never did report that my dad and brother, Dave got the wiring nearly done a couple of weeks ago.
Plumbing is the next step. Wish us luck.
4 comments:
Wow! Looks good! I'm sure every little step is nice to have done!
I think it looks awesome! I bet you can't wait. The weather looks like it is behaving...no snow on the ground! I hope the rest of the projects keep progressing!
GOOD LUCK! How exciting to see your siding go up. I hope you have someone helping with sheet rock...I hate doing sheet rock:) You are so positive, I was a bear when we remodeled our house!:)
Your home is looking so good! I am glad you post the pictures! Even though we live so close to each other, I hardly ever see your house...so it is nice to see what is going on through your blog! I hope that all will go smoothly for the plumbing!
Post a Comment