Sunday, December 14, 2008

Two of my Projects and Mary's Birthday

I made Mary a dress for her birthday. I think it turned out okay. Sorry she is picking her nose. It was the best picture I could manage today.

I thought this was a cute picture. But please ignore the cake. Every birthday I think I will do much better but they always turn out kind of ugly. But my kids are so nice and think they are great. I guess that is what counts!

We had a giving tree at our ward party. The gifts are for children who end up at the Women's Crisis Center in town. One of the gifts I picked from the tree was jewelry for a girl age 9. Camille likes what I made and that is her age so hopefully the little girl will really like the jewelry. I sure hope so!

9 comments:

Darcee said...

Fun stuff! My cakes never turn out very fantastic looking either, but I figure something is better than nothing. They at least know I put effort into it. Glad Mary had a fun birthday. I still have yet to post about Tessa's (I'm so behind!)

Andi said...

I think the cake is cute! Love the jumper and jewelry too! Thanks for a good idea of what A can make for J for Christmas.

Unknown said...

You're so funny, Katie! The part about Mary picking her nose made me laugh. I love that picture of Mary! She has CHANGED since I've seen her. We need to come soon . . . We are hoping after Christmas!

I love the cake (I don't know what you are talking about! It's cute!) and I love the jewelry! Oh and I love you too!!

Anonymous said...

Mary is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie and Dennis said...

I have the coolest sisters!

debbie said...

Cute nose picker, dress, socks, jewelry and cake.

e.brooke said...

How amazingly cute!

Kimberly said...

Love it all--especially the nosepicking shot!

MsMelodee said...

Great job! I am sure she felt like a princess in her dress and with her pink cake! The jewlry is adorable. I bought a cake last year for Madee's birthday, it was perfect & beautiful(it was in my blog), but I felt so guilty, much more time and heart goes into the homemade ones even if they don't turn out perfect! Way to go!