Thursday, January 15, 2009

Into Every Life...

A little rain must fall.

Most of the people who read my blog know that it has started raining at the Hansen house. I know there are some who are not yet aware. Tuesday I went to an appointment with my surgeon because I was having issues with my previous cancer site. I thought I was dealing with a lot of scar tissue build up. She took one look at me and said, "That looks like cancer." She did a biopsy and told me later she feels 99.8% sure that it is cancer. Of course it is very difficult to be the recipient of such news.

There is a lot we still don't know. I had a PET scan yesterday which scanned me from head to toe to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else. We will hopefully get those results tomorrow. Dr. Jones (the surgeon) said that I would first have chemo and then surgery. I will visit with my oncologist next Tuesday to find out what we are facing. I am a bit scared, I have to admit that.

There is a lot we do know. I know that I am loved by my Heavenly Father. I know that he watches over me and my family. I know that ultimately nothing can hurt me if I strive constantly to do the Lord's will. I pray I will not "shrink".

I am so thankful for my testimony and that I know what I know. Everything will be alright. This is a test, it is only a test.

14 comments:

Kaye said...

I love you Katie

Geri said...

Katie your testimony and strength are so inspiring! My prayers are with you. Love Geri

Darcee said...

Rain isn't fun, but sometimes we are blessed with rainbows. . . small and simple yet refreshing. We are praying for many rainbows for you.

You CAN do hard things. Things will work out.

debbie said...

You and your family are in my prayers and your name is now on the Salt Lake Temple prayer roll. You are such a strong person. Thanks for being an example to me!

Melz Spot said...

Katie,
Melanie (Biggs) Fox here.....Janeal sent me a link to your blog awhile back and I've loved lurking and learning. YOU AMAZE ME! Seriously, you are so inspiring: Your strength, your honesty and your wisdom (not to mention those beautiful sewing skills!)...hang on to that strenth and testimony Katie, you are loved & you are in my thoughts & prayers. May God continue to bless you and your family.
(((((HUGS))))))
~Melanie

Valerie Chandler said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Katie.

e.brooke said...

We are praying for you as well as to be more like you!

One more battle for lifes victory! A bright hope filled shining miracle for an amazing woman!

Thank you for your sweet faith Katie!

We love you!

debbie said...

As I was reading in Ether 1 today, I thought of you. A few weeks ago in Sunday School we were studying this chapter and it was pointed out that the brother of Jared approached the Lord with BOLD requests--1) to keep their language the same when everyone else had to change, 2) to be taken to another land and 3) not just any land, but a "land which is choice above all the earth." (vs. 38). We discussed that the Lord wants to answer our prayers, but sometimes we're afraid to ask for the "land which is choice above all the earth." I know the Lord will hear your prayers, as well as all of ours.

Kendi said...

You are in my prayers. I love you!!

Theresaleeatk said...

You are in my prayers and thoughts and I hope the best for you and your family.

Janeal said...

Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry that you and your family are facing this again. I'm praying for you.

DB said...

Katie,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You beat it once before and I know you will again. Thanks for a great testimony and unwavering faith.

Andi said...

Katie, I've been too emotional to say much of anything but I am praying for you and behind you all the way! You always buoy ME up and I'm thankful for your solid faith. You are strong. I pray that you will find comfort in the days ahead.

nielsen said...

Katie, you and your family have been on my mind at a constant. you all will remain in our thoughts and prayers daily... we will pray for the blessings of Heaven to pour down upon you... there are strength in numbers. Love you!