Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BRANDON!

We recently celebrated Brandon's 12th birthday. I just wanted to mention what I great kid I have. But first I have to confess my guilt in an effort to feel a little better about things. Brandon's birthday was the day I had my appointment with Dr. Dickson. One really good thing was that we had anticipated Brandon's birthday being crazy so we had had his birthday dinner minus birthday cake and let him open his presents a day early. We planned to have cake and ice cream when we got home on his birthday. We did have it all and it happened at 10:30 p.m. My guilt is that I forgot to take pictures. Sunday Brandon was ordained a deacon. We had company and had a wonderful day. But I again forgot to take pictures. I feel so so bad.

Well, I have gone through my photos of 2008 and am posting some of my wonderful Brandon. I love you, Brandon. Please forgive me for forgetting...


Brandon loves our cats and takes care of them everyday.

Brandon is full of enthusiasm. This is at the Easter party my parents had. Brandon is cheering as our family won an award for our homemade cookies.

5th grade spelling bee


Last year on Brandon's birthday he organized his own party for his family. We went sledding down the hill at the school. It was fun.



Brandon has always been interested in guns. This is up at Grandpa and Grandma Hansens, where he anticipates shooting everytime we go.

At the Porter reunion-- playing Rock Band with cousins.

Brandon doesn't love piano but he still does it-- mostly without complaint.

Brandon loves his family.

And baseball.


One of Brandon's greatest strength is that he is a wonderful helper. He loves to be helping out his dad

And doing whatever needs to be done.

You are awesome Brandon! We love you!

6 comments:

Darcee said...

Hope you had a happy day Brandon! Have fun being 12!

(I forget the camera all of the time too. . . not good, but you are not alone! But I enjoyed the pictures you shared.)

Kendi said...

I love the pictures you've shared of Brandon. What a good looking young man he is. There is something about him that reminds me of my Zach.

I hope that you are doing good these days! Please know you are in my thoughts so often it seems!! I love you!

Andi said...

Brandon, can you really be 12 already?! You've been cute since day 1!

Garling Ranch said...

Happy Birthday Brandon!

Unknown said...

You captured him well in all of these other photos. I think that's worth 100% guilt-riddance.

Happy Birthday, Brandon. I've always loved you.

MsMelodee said...

I am so glad I am not the only one to forget to take pictures. I have to have preschool mom's take pictures of our fieldtrips all the time because I forget my camera!:) Brandon will always have the fun memories!