Friday, January 9, 2009

My Favorite Project

I sewed like crazy during December. It was so fun to make doll clothes for the dolls my girls were getting for Christmas.
These 2 robes clashed side by side so I changed the picture to sepia. One is hot pink and the other is an orange-red in real life.
Pajamas

Some of the Porter family may recognize this skirt fabric. Mom gave me the leftovers from the little girl dresses for Joe's wedding.
Here was another clashing moment. The polka dot coat is orange with white trim. The other is hot pink trimmed with green (see purse below for the green fabric.) The coats and hats were my favorite!
Doll purses, ah me. They are so fun. I would have done the purple one orange to match the coat but I was out of fabric. Next week JoAnn is having a great sale and I'm going to buy doll clothes fabric. I was kind of scraping bottom for these. So the other day I browsed the American Girl catalog and on Etsy for new ideas. I am excited to get going on more doll clothes!

3 comments:

Andi said...

They are awesome! It must have been fun to sew all of those. I want to see those clashing colors! ;)

Darcee said...

Wow how fun. Do you hibernate in your room to get it done so the kids don't see? I don't know if I could pull that off because all of my best work time is when the all the kids are here tending Tess. I want to see all of them in color too!

Kendi said...

You are such a good mom!!! Your girls are lucky to have someone like you!