Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Report

I usually go to chemo on Tuesdays. But I get this week off. I am happy to report that the chemo is doing its job. The one tumor has disappeared completely. The other is diminishing daily. Makes me happy. I have not seen the doctor in a month so he does not know the success. I wonder what he will say. I wonder if I will get to drop the newest chemo (Gemzar). I think I know things well enough though that I will still need to be on it for awhile longer. Dr. Dickson has talked about putting me on an oral chemo. So I don't know what will be happening. I really hope to be done with Gemzar because it makes me nauseous and gives me headaches.

It is a good week to have off because I get to take care of my little chickens. When Mary had them, they gave me a couple days off but did not want me to miss the whole week. So I had to leave her with someone else. On the up side, I left her with my neighbor, Elaine Mangum, the sweetest lady in the world. She gives endless service to all. She told me it brightened her day to have Mary stay with her. She also gave us a pan-full of delicious cinnamon rolls. And I got to spend the day with my mom who drove all the way from Preston and took me all the way to Rexburg. It makes a very long day for her but she has done it willingly so many times.

2 comments:

debbie said...

That's wonderful news that the chemo is doing its job!!!!!!! I'm glad you get to be the one to take care of your little "chicks." It will be a great memory for them.

Margene said...

Katie, How we love great news from you!!! I did not know that shingles can give chicken pox. We learn something everyday. Please feel our love and concern for you.