Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chemo Free

Dennis and I went for a visit with Dr. Dickson today. I am happy to say that I am not on any chemo (I quit my oral chemo when it made me sick. Then I started again on a reduced dose and it made my face break out so I quit again. My action landed me in the dr. office earlier than expected--the nurses were concerned). I will have a scan in September to see if the cancer is gone. I do have 2 spots that he did not rule out as cancer (a few weeks ago Dr. Hancock thought they were scar tissue and lymph). Dr. D. measured them. But he said he is not going to worry about them at this point. So I am not completely out of the woods. But I'm happy to be off chemo if even for a season. Still the disease spontaneously regressed, as Dr. Hancock put it a few weeks ago. He said the only explanation for that is priesthood blessings. Dr. Dickson said this is a sign post that he is always looking for--a message from heaven that tells us what to do. And the message is to quit chemo for now.

I'm grateful and hopeful.

5 comments:

Darcee said...

Yay! So glad to hear. (and yay some more!)

debbie said...

Awesome! Love those priesthood blessings!

Diane C said...

We will pray for the very best for you and your family!

Mark and Adrian said...

That is the best news ever!!! I am so happy for you and your family :)

MsMelodee said...

That is great news...I will pass it on to nikie...she just had a new baby boy(did you see my facebook post?) 10lbs 6 oz...i haven't blogged for while due to computer issues...glad to be back & nice to hear things are going well!