Monday, August 9, 2010

Our Birthdays

Dennis' sister took all 6 of our kids to Hamer for 2 nights, August 3-August 5. It was Dennis' birthday and mine was 2 days later so we had birthday cake just the two of us (I had planned to have it before the kids left but things got crazy and I forgot or something like that.) We enjoyed a our little vacation at home.
Because our birthdays are so close together we sometimes combine our ages. I remember the year we were 60. Dennis' mom made our cake that year and put a "60" on it. This year we are 86. But we were very uncreative and only lit one candle.

3 comments:

debbie said...

What a great way to celebrate!

Darcee said...

Sounds heavenly!!!

Tansy said...

Happy birthday! This year, Derek and I didn't even have a candle, so kudos to you for having at least that!