A few minutes after I typed my last entry I looked out my window and noticed there were a couple of things strapped to my mailbox. They turned out to be love packages. And I cried some more because I felt so loved. I just want to share the note that was with one of the packages. It was from my sister-in-law, Karen Hansen:
"We wanted you to know we think and pray for you everyday! We love you so much--your family too! I wanted you to have something comfy to wear at home and know you are loved [pink ribbon flannel pants!!--love them!--pictures coming soon!] I tried to have the hat match your hair color [she crocheted it herself!] The smaller 2 buttons were my grandmother's. So they are extra special to me and are sent with lots of love! Hang in there! We love you!"
I was also very touched by the comments on my post and also some emails I received.
Truly you wonderful people out there are "comforting those who stand in need of comfort." So many, many caring people.
Well, another blessing: Because I'm still coughing and feeling a bit rough, I don't have to have chemo tomorrow! I have prayed and prayed that I would feel well on Friday for the benefit. I've told people that I will take whatever I have to so I can come. Hooray for cold medicine!
So to wrap it all up, thank you, all of you out there for being so so kind to me and my family. My list of what people have done grows daily. I tear up whenever I think of everything. I will share just one more thing. The man who is doing our taping and texturing gave us a quote for the project. I don't know how he found out about us but when Dennis tried to pay him some money he wouldn't take anything. He told us that a few years ago he broke his leg and couldn't work and someone paid for his son's entire mission. Wow. Makes me excited to someday be on the giving end!
3 comments:
I never new about that.
How awesome Katie!
Oh how I love your sweet spirit! I can feel it so strongly through the words you share!
I am so thankful for wonderful people in this world who now how to give and how to receive. You are on the receiving AND giving end...your example has given me the ability to see what I have and to not complain about what I don't! I really do love you Katie! Hang in there!
Post a Comment