My mom had come to our house to tend Drew and Mary. Before Mom could come, she had to get my brother, Jonny, on the bus for work so she couldn't come before we left. So we dropped them off at Dian Kelly's and Mom picked them up there. Then after chemo she took Drew, Mary and I to her house for my recovery time. We all had a nice time with her and my dad (when he was able to be there). I'm grateful for them and all their service to me and our family.
Saturday Dennis and some guys got the sheet rock all hung in our new addition! Four of our crew were relatives: Eric Taylor, Boyd Eddins, Jeremie and Anthony Berrett. Also Dave Harwood and Charlie Kotter, both husbands of ladies Dennis works with (Lynn and Bonnie). Our former bishop, Gordon Woods also came. Lynn and Bonnie brought sandwiches and spread them out for the workers and my kids to eat. Dennis' sister, Dianne sent some desserts down with her guys. How wonderful is all of this? We are so blessed!
Yesterday the insulation truck came and blew in our ceiling. This afternoon we are getting tape and texture started. Too exciting!
I'm finding it hard to take pictures of the rooms and have them look like more than sheet rock hanging there. But here is an idea:
So I'm standing at the front door looking into the living room. On the far left is a bedroom. The next door is the bathroom and then the laundry room. There is one more bedroom and the door faces the other bedroom door.
And the last bit of news is we sold our van. A guy called us on Saturday and asked if he could buy it. It was the same person who bought our last vehicle we sold. I'm glad we still had it for him.
7 comments:
It's exciting to see the progress on your house. Once they hang the sheetrock it starts feeling like it's almost done. I'm glad you have so many wonderful people to help you. I'm looking forward to visiting with you the end of the month.
kaye
Sheetrock! Yay!
We hope you are doing good. Looks like the house is coming along. As soon as we are all healthly again we will come by to see how you are doing. I am so excited to have the girls in Activity Days, but I will miss Mary in primary. Hope you don't mind that we are readers. You can check out our blog at www.theyrulethenest.blogspot.com if you would like. Take care.
Sari
Hope everything else on the addition goes smoothly. You deserve to have it done and move in. I am thinking it's rough with 3 boys in the same room.
Your house looks great! Hanging sheetrock is a lot of work. We miss you at church...please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help.
How exciting to see sheetrock! Now it is probably really starting to feel like a house! I am very excited for you.
Thank you so much for your sweet card. It meant so much to me. What a sweetie you are!!!
I hope you are doing okay. I think about you often!
Very exciting. You are getting to the fun part of a remodeling job. I love the finish work, paint, carpet, base boards. I am glad things are going well!
Post a Comment