Monday, March 30, 2009

A Sweet Night Out

I am still flying high after Friday night. It was so amazing! If you haven't seen the news clip, please go to the post below with the big thank you and click on the link to see what "Caring for Katie" was all about. Here are some of my wonderful friends who made it all possible. Charlene Belnap, Joddi Murdock, Carolee Smith and Sari David. This was during set up time. I have the best friends ever!
These are some of the things that were auctioned and raffled off that night. People were so generous! But I was thinking, "I hope enough people show up to buy all this stuff!" Boy did they ever!Here are some of the Hansens arriving: Janeen, Lula, Melvin, Karen and John. Scott and Karen, Christy and Eric, Stephanie and Boyd and LeiLani and Travis and their families came. My parents, Jonny, Dave and Julianna and their family were also there. Wishing I'd taken pictures of them all.... All of the people wearing orange were volunteers. Again...wishing I would have gotten individual pictures of them! Here are the stars of the show wearing orange prison jumpsuits that were 20 sizes too big that say "Caring for Katie" (all the shirts and printing were donated by Greg Garrett)! John Elison was our auctioneer. He did an awesome job. Brian and Robert Murdock kept things going between the raffle tables and the silent and live auctions. They were ultra organized. Simply amazing to me!Notice Blain Jarman in the background holding an orange sign that says the table is closing. The 7th grade volleyball team ran the stuff to Brian who called out the winners and then the volleyball player would run the item to the winner. It went so smoothly! And the young legs did all the hard work! Brian Murdock was showing off a huge basket of "stuff" that was up for bidding. Allie Murdock, Brian's niece is playing "Vanna". She is so cute and did such a good job! (Brian was cute too with all his many wigs. Made me laugh.)



Janell Jarman kept busy making balloon things for people. She had a long line waiting all night! I'll bet she was tired. She sent us home with a balloon bouquet. So sweet of her! Also Jared Smith and Sam Jarman sold water and soda.

Now we take a peek in the kitchen where the treats were served. They had the most wonderful and delicious desserts! People got all they wanted and there were still lots left over. Ronda Simper was in charge of all the food and organizing the kitchen crew. She did a fabulous job!My mom got in on the serving.

Here is the reporter who interviewed me. She also talked to Jan Vasas and Denise Aikele.
Aunt Kaye got to come from Alabama. It was so nice to have here there!

Jonny watched it all.
Camille with her 2 bosom friends, Paige and MaKailee.
Dennis and I are so humbled by the love and generosity we saw that night. I still tear up thinking about it.


I have read that if you wake up on Christmas morning and all that's there is a pile of manure under the Christmas tree, instead of crying and carrying on, you need to look around for the pony. Cancer is definitely manure under the proverbial tree. But look at this wonderful "pony" that has come from it! "Thank you" to my friends and family doesn't even begin to cover it! But thankful I am. Thank you. I don't think I have ever felt so loved as I do now. I love you all right back!

5 comments:

Kaye said...

Katie,

It was so Fun to be there for your benefit. I am still in wonder at the GREAT job of organizing such an event. There were SO many items that had been donated, and because of the great organization they were able to move it all through, and keep everyone's attention. MAJOR KUDOS to your great friends that organized the evening. I can tell that you are truly loved by many.

Love ya,
Aunt Kaye

debbie said...

Awesome! Wish I could have been there!

Darcee said...

You're lucky to have such great friends and neighbors! Looks like such a great night!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Looks like it was a wonderful evening. What a blessing to have great friends.
We think about you and are praying for you and your family.

Ken and April

Garling Ranch said...

Katie, you are such an amazing person, and deserve every bit of love that was given that day! I love you!