Monday, March 2, 2009

Loving Kindnesses

We have been so very blessed by the kindness of people, near and far. Here is a sampling:

My friend, Laura Koenig, sent me this bookmark. I thought it was so pretty!

Laura and I have been friends since 1990 when we were companions in the MTC. We also served together in Blanchard, Oklahoma. We had lots of fun and it was great to get to know a true Texan. She always teased me that you can always tell a Texan but you can't tell them much. I was tickled by this spinney thing she sent me last summer. I hung it outside. Unfortunately it wasn't too happy in Idaho's wind. It likes being inside much better. Thanks Laura! And thanks for the fun phone call this afternoon! Love ya!


Greg (PHS schoolmate) and Valerie Chandler clear out in Arkansas sent a fun package, Super Ropes and a Walmart hat. Thanks so much guys! You are wonderful!
Dennis always gives me mini roses for Valentines day. I plant them in the yard in the spring. Love this years' color. Thanks Honey!


After our stake conference a couple of weeks ago these flowers were delivered to our house by a member of the high council. One of my children borrowed a flower or two from it before I got the picture taken.

Darcee made me this neat journal. It is really fun. Thanks Darcee. I love it! I try to write something in it everyday. Love ya!



We received this fun package yesterday from the Hartlines! K.J. made us each a snowflake (Ellie made Camille's snowflake). There was much more candy than shows up here. We couldn't resist. Love the trivet, C.D. and especially the "happy" socks! Thank you so much Danna and family. We love you!

We have also recieved many meals and treats. And babysitting and house cleaning. Valerie Furniss and her cheerful helpers, including the Beehives have cleaned our house every week for 4 weeks now. It has been so nice to come home from chemo to a meal and a clean house. Rhonda Shawver and Donna Clark have brought dinner for at least 3 Thursdays. My mom and Karen Grover have also been wonderful to tend my kids and keep them overnight.

There have been many, many large and small acts of service. Both are so appreciated. Thank you for the encouraging phone calls and the treats dropped off at the door. We have also been given what seems to be the "widow's mite". We are so humbled and grateful. We want you to know that we love you. We pray for you, that you will be recipients of heaven's blessings.

4 comments:

e.brooke said...

What a blessing to have so many wonderful friends!

Thank you for your sweet posts!

We love you Katie!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have a friend from Texas!

Anonymous said...

I forget that you sent me a link and I don't get on often. I'm glad you have such a great spirit and are positive in approaching all of this trial. Our prayers are with you. Hope things continue to go well.Lucy

Garling Ranch said...

You are such an amazing and special person in all of our lives. Your strength and inspiration is looked up to. We love you so much!