Dennis and I saw Dr. Dickson yesterday. I told him that weekly chemo was hard. He said that oncology theory says that you stay with a treatment until the cancer comes back. I could be months it could be years, usually months. But Dr. Dickson is not one to leave his faith at the door of his office. He said his colleagues would slap him silly if they knew he talked about faith with his patients and would say there is no place for faith in the doctor's office. Personally I can not imagine talking to Dr. Dickson without having a discussion about faith. He understands that for people going through cancer, you simply have to have faith (how can you go through any part of life without it?) So in the attitude of being diligent in fighting the cancer and taking into consideration that life happens and needs to be accommodated, he decided to change my chemo frequency. I now go every other week instead of weekly.
Dr. Dickson talked about the scripture in Ether about our weak things being made strong (see Ether 12:27). He said that the Lord will make up the difference. I know Dr. Dickson prays about his practice. I know he is prompted in difficult cases (he said mine was such a case.) I feel good about this. I'm grateful for my doctor.
6 comments:
I love your doctor and I don't even know him! What a great guy! I'm glad you don't have to go for chemo every week. Yay for blessings in our lives!
Change is good! That will add so much to your stamina. Yay!
You are sooo Awesome!! I am so glad to have such great memories of Ricks College and they include so much of you!! Our program was so much fun that way!! I think about you often and I know how strong and Faithful you are. What a blessing for you that your Doctor has a belief in our Heavenly Fathers Plan... You are GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!
That is awesome!
He is my parent's Bishop and it is fun to hear him speak sometimes when we go visit for the weekend! I love good people!
good news! I am so glad you have such great support from your doctor, friends & family!
Post a Comment