Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Last night Dennis asked me to help him remember something that I knew I had in my notes somewhere. As I was searching a past notebook I found a little gem that I had written as I read A Disciple's Life, the biography of Neal A. Maxwell: "Deliberately cultivate a certain resilient and glad spirit, so that even when you are in the midst of a pressure situation you can smile and have an upbeat manner." This was something Elder Maxwell wrote to his children citing that their mother had this quality. I have noticed this wonderful quality in Dennis' mom. I think it is one of those "best gifts" that I "earnestly covet" (1Cor 12:31). I like the idea of "deliberately cultivating."

2 comments:

Kendi said...

I needed to hear this thought! I have been quite grumpy lately and this thought helped my perspective shift. I too covet this gift of a glad spirit and long to make it a part of my being. Your words really made a difference to me!

Love you Katie!!!

debbie said...

Beautiful!