Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Be Still

One morning last week I had some of the hymns from the last general conference playing. The words of this Hymn caught my attention:

When the earth begins to tremble,
Bid our fearful thoughts be still;
When thy judgments spread destruction,
Keep us safe on Zion's hill,
Singing praises,...
Songs of glory unto thee....

Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah, Hymns #83

I seems like there has not been a shortage of natural disasters lately. I'm simple minded enough to think that perhaps this Hymn was chosen on purpose to remind us to have faith in Jesus and His promises. I grateful that there is not a shortage of promises to the faithful! "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God." (D&C 101:16)

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

I love you posts!!! I am so grateful to have known you!!! You are a FAITHFUL women and such an amazing example to me!!!