Monday, April 19, 2010

Mary's Dress

I have been working on a dress for Mary for nearly a month now. But I had a mishap with it a couple of weeks ago. I was pressing the zipper and burned the fabric. I felt sick! And when I went to bed that night I even prayed about it. Early the next morning I woke up and was thinking about it. I had the idea to unpick the side seams and put on a sash. All the seams were serged but I thought I could still make it work. Then I remembered the table cloth I recently made. I cut and hand sewed felt flowers in the corners. I got really excited!

So this is how it turned out. I like it even better than before!

(She had candy in her mouth.)
It does not totally hide the discoloration but hopefully it is not too noticeable. "Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty...."
President Uchtdorf

5 comments:

David and Company said...

She looked so cute in this on Sunday. She is such a doll and the dress is beautiful. I have NEVER sewn somthing that didn't have a mistake....you just don't tell :-)

Darcee said...

Adorable! Glad you got it figured out. Come to my house and help me finish my projects!

Tessa just joined me. . .she says in a squeally delighted voice, "OH! I love Mary's new dress!!!"

GandJ said...

The dress is awesome!!! Too bad you had to have so much stress before your masterpiece was completed. You are SO TALENTED and I love to see your projects.

Anonymous said...

what a totally cute dress. isn't it wonderful to know that Heavenly Father is concerned about ALL areas of our lives.

love ya,
aunt k

debbie said...

Wow! So cute!