Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ouch

I am anxious.  This is what happens with cancer, I think.  Little things get me in a wad.  It started a week ago.  My left arm started to swell--a bit--not like a ton or anything. So I call the doctor.  I already knew--lymphadema--because I had lymph nodes removed 3 years ago.  They suggested that I wrap it and see if a physical therapist could tell me just how to do it.  So I learned (thanks Brother K.!)  That same day I sat down to play the piano.  Ouch!!  I got a terrible pain in my forearm. Since that time my left hand is sooo weak!  I can not type properly--hunt & peck at the moment.  I can not do rubber bands in my girls' hair without difficulty.  It is so weird. My shoulder is also very achy.  I don't know if these are a symptoms of lymphadema or not. I am trying not to worry and to think surely this is temporary. I am seeing a p.t. tomorrow and Dr. Dickson Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Garling Ranch said...

Good luck! I hope everything turns out okay!

Unknown said...

Oh Katie. I'm so concerned. You are in my prayers, needless to say. I love you, my dear sister.

debbie said...

Prayers coming your way right now!