Monday, February 9, 2009

Hair Appreciation Week

I never thought I was vain about my hair. That is until I lived without it for nearly a year. I recently listened to Anne of Green Gables on my MP3. I loved the part when she turned her hair green. She was trying to change it to auburn. She then realized that even though she was not fond of her red hair, she was very traumatized to have it turn green. Bad hair days can be a trial but no hair days are far worse. I have prayed that I will not loose my hair. Everything would be so much easier to bear if I could just keep it. But just in case will you join with me in HAW: Hair Appreciation Week.

Dennis laughed at this picture. I know I look way funny but I thought I'd just show off my new hair cut anyway I'd say I'm still vain. (see 2 Nephi 13:24) I will keep you posted on the hair situation.

I'm keeping a smile! Life is still good, no matter what!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You're just great, Katie! And your hair is very, very cute! I love hair too!!!

I'm missing you lots!

debbie said...

I think the photo looks great! I hope the hair gets to stay this time!

MsMelodee said...

Way cute hair cut. I can join you in HAW...through fat and not so fat I have always had my hair, I have always loved the color and even though I have cried many tears over bad(too short) hair cuts it grows back fast. So...heres to hair!:)

Kendi said...

You are my hero! Here's to hair!!!

Unknown said...

Katie, I've been thinking about hair since your post. (Of course! It's hair appreciation week!) But my thought is you aren't vain. I think you have developed a depth of gratitude for hair because you have gone without. When I have experienced an absence of something, and when it is restored or returned, how I rejoice in that gift! You are expressing your gratitude and that pleases the Lord, I'm sure. I love you, my dear!

Darcee said...

Being able to bend over and pick something up off the floor is also not appreciated until one can't any more! I think we all have to lose something in order to REALLY appreciate it. . .sad reality, but often true.

Enjoy your hair!

Garling Ranch said...

I love your hair too! I hope it stays, for your sake! I could never imagine losing my hair!

nielsen said...

I'm guilty too! I didn't get the greatest hair, so I cherish what I have... so, I am vain too I guess... shoot ;) You look beautiful as always!