Friday, February 27, 2009

A Nice Day

Thursday was chemo day. This may be so weird but Thursdays are really kind of fun. Dennis took me this week and we took Alexa along with us. Karen, Dennis' sister, met us at a gas station and took Drew and Mary home with her for a couple of days. It was fun to have Alexa with us. My nurse, Becky, was so sweet to her. She showed her how they access my port and draw blood (Alexa was not the least bit shy about seeing me get poked or seeing my blood going into a tube.) Then Becky took her and showed her how they test the blood. In the back ground (above) is a couple that Dennis knows, the Williamses. They lived in Hamer, next to Dennis' parents. Dennis also had a class at Ricks from him. In fact he was a big influence on Dennis going into geology. We visited with them for quite awhile. Sister Williams has ovarian cancer for the second time.
We played Uno, Uno Hearts and Aggravation. It was fun.
I have not all lost my hair. It is very thin though. I have to cover it up with something and I have worn my wig once. I will get a picture of it soon.

3 comments:

Darcee said...

There are always little blessings amidst trials. . .glad you're enjoying some.

I think it is such a good idea to take the kids for a fun day on chemo days. Good luck on the recovery part of the week.

Unknown said...

You're pretty as ever and so is little Miss Alexa.

MsMelodee said...

you look so great! I love the hat & the head band! It is good to see you fun pics!