Saturday, July 11, 2009
Alexa's Baptism
I'm doing a few catch-up posts of the month of June. Alexa was baptized on June 17. My mom and 2 of my sisters, Andi and Danna came to help me for the day. It was a WONDERFUL day!Andi and Danna live so far away that they have never been able to come to one of our kids' baptisms. But since we had the baptism 2 days before the Porter reunion, they were both able to come. I was so happy.

Alexa was baptized in the same dress that my mom made for me for my baptism. All my sisters wore it and so far all of my mom's granddaughters have worn it to get baptized in. I think that is pretty neat.
My mom also made this dress for Alexa (I was planning to make it myself but circumstances did not allow.) Thanks Mom! We love the dress and you too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations! What a wonderful day. Both you and Alexa look beautiful!
I love the sentiments of both dresses--beautiful!
Katie,
I didn't know where to leave a comment but felt I had to.
I am so happy that you find peace with your Heavenly Father. I'm so glad he brings you peace and love in the face of such pain and turmoil. I can see you are surrounded by the family that loves you SO much. I know prayer and faith keeps you going, as well as your loving family. Keep them close and love them always, as they love you.
Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
Floyd Heard
ps. do you remember me???
pss....I notice in all the photos of you, you are smiling. You seem to have an indomitable yet endearing spirit that makes me want to become a better person. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Floyd, I don't know how to contact you so I hope you see this comment. How could I forget you? You were my first crush and you didn't even know it! Thank you so so much for your very sweet comment. It means a lot.
i still remember being there for your Baptism Katie. these pics bring back good memories of your family when i was young. thanks for posting them. if you guys need anything i am in moreland.
Post a Comment