
Saturday and Sunday we worked to get Jeffrey and Brandon ready for a week of hiking. They left Monday morning and will be back Friday. They had to take food for all their meals and snacks, plus bedding and a tent. They are down by City of Rocks and taking day hikes to different lakes in the area. They will have a base camp so they can carry lighter packs most of the time. Two years ago Jeffrey went on a fifty miler and had to pack his heavy pack everyday. This one was much easier to send them on. I have a hard time thinking my kids may be having a hard time.
2 comments:
Hard things are good for them! I want my kids to experience hard things while under my roof so I can teach them how to deal with them positively. The world is a tough place out there so they need hard things to build their character. Back packing is good for them!!
I'm glad there are some people (Jeffrey and Brandon) who love hiking! I'm OK with some short jaunts, but not a whole week. I bet they'll have a blast!
Post a Comment