Tuesday, July 21, 2009

clothes line

I noticed last year that my parents had taken down their clothes line. I asked if I could have it and they said yes!
My boys didn't think Dennis could dig such a deep, narrow hole. He's had lots of experience!




Good help!

I have always loved hanging clothes outside. Now that I have my very own clothes line, I watch the laundry basket like a hawk to see if there is enough for a batch. Fortunately 6 kids facilitate that very well.
I think I like it so much because it connects me to the past. I think a lot about the pioneers when I am out there. I think about my mom and my grandmas and their lives and the work they have done for their families. And maybe I also like it so well because I don't have to do it. I choose to do it. And if I'm too tired I can throw everything in the dryer. Heavenly! I feel so blessed for the modern conveniences I've been blessed with.

6 comments:

Janeal said...

I love to drive past country clotheslines filled with sun dried clothes.

debbie said...

Way to go, Dennis! That's an amazing hole with Alexis in it. Wow! I love your clothesline laundry picture!

Nancy said...

That picture of Alexis in the hole reminds me of being buried in a post hole to my waist by my brothers and I could not get out. Some workers who were nearby thought it was funny and tossed me a spoon to dig myself out. I got some nice scrapes on my legs from being dug out by a shovel!

Tansy said...

I love the pictures of your kids by the hole! Awesome!

e.brooke said...

I love it!!! I want one too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Katie it is so nice to see your smiling face... I am sorry to hear of your battle with cancer... I was diagnosed w/MS in 2000 but have not had to deal with many things until this year - I hope you are dealing well, it sure sounds like you are making wonderful memories w/your family - such a beautiful family you have.. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.... Taralyn Roderick Ricks College 1987-90