
Thursday we took a drive to a place that the kids and I had never been: Sun Valley. We ate our picnic at the town park in Ketchum.

We stopped at a fish hatchery near Stanley.

Here is the little multi-denominational church including L.D.S in Stanley.

Stanley Lake


I had a feeling before we left to take a change of clothes for Mary. I'm so glad I followed the prompting!

The dredge on Yankee Fork. Very interesting! There is also a little ghost town a mile up the road. But not much that was photo worthy, plus we were tired and didn't get out. It was 6:30 and we were still far from home.

We drove over to Challis and got a bite to eat (lunchables and chocolate milk) just before the only store in town closed at 8 bells. This is Mt. Borah, the highest peak in Idaho. Dennis has climbed it twice. We got home about 10:30 p.m. It was a really full, fun day. I enjoyed hearing all the interesting geology facts that Dennis has stored in his brain. I'm amazed at all the numbers he can remember (like how tall lots of mountain peaks are in every state and nation!) And I'm so grateful for this beautiful earth!
2 comments:
Summer day trips are the best! I'm glad you guys got to go and see the beautiful sites!
What an awesome day! We love visiting Idaho, it is such a beautiful state!
Post a Comment