I took Mary to get her hair cut on Saturday. She was up in the chair and doing fine until the first tug of her hair. Then it was screaming and crying for the rest of it! Nothing I did would soothe her, even singing. (I did not try dancing however--I have my limit for making a fool out of myself and Mary's screaming was enough to make me want to leave the whole scene--without her!) Anyway we survived it and I think it turned out very cute.
So one more quick crying story. Yesterday on the way home from chemo Mary unlocked her door. I pressed the lock button and she started her crying. Again nothing Dennis or I did would calm her down. She carried on for 20 minutes or more. I had completely forgotten what she was even crying about and had stopped trying to get her to stop. And was just ready to endure it all the way home (an hour's drive!) I think out of desperation (and probably a stoke of inspiration) Dennis pressed the unlock button. The crying stopped immediately. Dennis and I laughed and shook our heads. Crazy child!
1 comment:
Cute hair cut! I can't wait to see it from the front.
Post a Comment